Raiders Team Notes
• The Raider defense allowed just 36 yards on the ground in the first half and 70 yards for the game.
• There was even distribution for the game for Oakland with 32 carries for 117 yards (18 carries for 83 yards in the first half) and 28 passes for 209 yards (10-for-15 for 110 yards in the first half).
• The Silver and Black were efficient on third down, completing their first 7-of-11 attempts prior to the fourth quarter.
• Oakland opens the regular season Sunday, September 8 at Indianapolis; playing at New Orleans (August 16, 5 p.m. PT), vs. Chicago (August 23, 7 p.m. PT) and at Seattle (August 29, 7 p.m. PT) during the preseason.
• It was the 29th preseason meeting between the two clubs. The two teams will play again on Thanksgiving Day, with the Raiders traveling to Dallas for the Nov. 28 contest. It will be the 11th regular season meeting between the two teams. (Oakland leads 6-4).
Individual Raider Notes
• Rookies shined for the Raiders -- Matt McGloin (4-for-7, 78 yards, 1 TD),
• McGloin had the longest passes of the night for the Raiders, for 40 and then 30 yards, in TD drive in the third. The former Nittany Lion walk-on connected with a diving Butler (2013 seventh rounder), for 30 yards, to make it 16-10. McGloin was 2-for-3 for 70 yards during the 81-yard, five-play drive, taking just 2:06. McGloin led the Raiders to 10 third-quarter points on his first two pro series.
• Third-round pick and rookie linebacker Sio Moore had a sack early in the first quarter. He is one of seven foreign-born players on the Raider roster.
• Five-year veteran QB
• Running back
• Tyvon Branch blocked a second-quarter Dallas field-goal attempt. Branch had blocked just one field goal in his five-year Oakland career previously during the regular season, doing so to end the first half at Buffalo in 2011.
• Eight-time Pro-Bowler