The contest is complete, the official rules below are provided for reference.
Raiders Shoe Twitter Contest: OFFICIAL RULES
1) How to Enter: A valid entry into the Raiders Shoe Twitter Contest (the “Contest”) must be done via Twitter as described in these Official Rules and must include an express agreement to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Any individual entering the Contest (“Entrant”) must have a valid Twitter account. If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Twitter account. To be eligible to enter the Contest via Twitter, you must do all of the following: 1) follow The Oakland Raiders Official Twitter Account (@Raiders); and 2) during the time period beginning on Friday, June 1, 2012 at 9:00am PST and ending on Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 9:00 am PST (the "Entry Period"), tweet to another Twitter member who is not following @Raiders the following text: "Hey ___ I'm following @Raiders and I have a chance to win a pair of @nike #RaidersShoes" (collectively referred to herein as an “Entry”). Failure to follow any instructions provided in these Rules may result in disqualification. You may not use multiple Twitter accounts to participate in the Contest. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries submitted in a single day or over multiple days will not be accepted.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Neither a purchase nor participation in any Raiders related program increases any Entrant’s odds of winning a prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. All Entrants agree that all Entries shall be property of the Oakland Raiders and all decisions of the Oakland Raiders shall be final and Entrants waive any right to challenge any decisions made by the Oakland Raiders.
By entering the Contest, Entrant expressly agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and expressly agrees to all of the terms and conditions herein, particularly those in section 4 below. Further, Entrant agrees to abide by any decisions of the Raiders or any Raiders Related Party (as defined below), and waives any right to claim any ambiguity in the Rules or any Entry. Entrant also agrees that the Oakland Raiders or any Raiders’ Related Parties or sponsors may contact them regarding events, promotions, or other matters. No responsibility is assumed for late, lost, delayed, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries. All entries become the sole property of the Oakland Raiders and will not be returned. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN PRIZE.
By submitting an Entry or accepting any Prize, the Entrant or winner expressly consents to the use of their name, likeness, and biographical information for all publicity purposes, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes on prizes. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions or cash redemptions.
2) Deadlines: To be eligible for any prize, Entries must be submitted by 9:00 AM PST June 2, 2012.
3) Prize: From among all eligible Entrants, one (1) prize winner will be selected via a random drawing. Winner will receive one (1) pair of Nike Raiders shoes. Sizes available are between a men's size 8 and a men's size 13. Quantities in each size are limited, so the exact size selected by the Winner may not be available. Exact Prize details to be determined in the sole discretion of The Oakland Raiders. Raiders will notify potential winner via Direct message to the potential Winner’s Twitter account. Raiders will make 3 attempts to contact the potential winner via Direct Message within 48 hours from the time the Entry is selected. If the Raiders are unable to reach a potential winner via Direct Mail within 48 hours after a potential winner is selected, then that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner’s Entry will be selected.
4) Eligibility and Liability: Contest is open to all Entrants submitting an Entry that complies with the above instructions and agreeing to these Official Rules that are a legal U.S. resident over the age of eighteen (18) who fully completes an entry. Employees, officers and directors of The Oakland Raiders, Raider Image, LLC, Nike, or their respective affiliates, officers, directors, or their immediate family members are excluded. Void where prohibited by law. By submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, all Entrants expressly agree to forever waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Oakland Raiders (“Raiders”) and/or its past and present partners, limited partners, owners, entity owners (and the current and former officers, directors, shareholders, partners, members, limited partners, assigns and employees of any owners or entity owners), employees, agents, attorneys, directors, officers, shareholders, contractors, successors, assigns and insurers (collectively “Raiders Related Parties”) of, for and from any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, fees, expenses, actions and causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description (collectively, “Claims”), known and unknown, including, but not limited to, all those arising out of or in any way related to the Contest; these Official Rules; Entrant’s Entry; the negligence of Raiders or any of the Raiders Related Parties; the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize; and any participation in the Contest. By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns and/or has the authority to release the Claims stated herein expressly agrees to waive the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code which provides:
“A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Further, by submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, all Entrants and Prize Winners, expressly agree to at all times defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the Raiders and all Raiders Related Parties from and against any and all Claims of any kind or nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements) arising out of or in any way related to the Contest; these Official Rules; Entrant’s Entry; the negligence of Raiders or any of the Raiders Related Parties; the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize; and any participation in the Contest.
5) Raiders are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by technical difficulty or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries.
6) Raiders reserve the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest at any time. Raiders also reserves the right to substitute any similar prize or a prize of equal or greater value for any prize listed in these official rules or any other communication regarding the Contest and reserves the right to revoke the prize or discount of any Entrant, at any time, if the Entrant acts in a manner that is, in the Raiders’ sole discretion, offensive, harassing, threatening, repugnant, or violent at any time in connection with the Contest.
7) WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, please send inquiry to Raiders Shoe Twitter Contest, C/O Oakland Raiders, 1220 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA, 94502, on or before June 8, 2012.