The Raiders travel to Houston to take on the Texans for the first time since Owner Al Davis passed away in 2011. The game is set for Sunday, November 17, at Reliant Stadium on CBS.
- The Texans lead the all-time series, 5-2.
- The Raiders and Texans met for six straight seasons, from 2006-11, before having the streak snapped in 2012.
- In the last meeting between the two teams, the Raiders recorded the team’s first-ever win at Reliant Stadium, a 25-20 victory on Oct. 9, 2011, just one day after the passing of owner Al Davis.
- Houston won the first three contests against Oakland in the all- time series, but the two teams have split the last four meetings, with each team winning once at home and once on the road.
Mike Brisielplayed for the Texans from 2007-11 before joining the Raiders as an unrestricted free agent in 2012.
- Texans assistant defensive backs coach Perry Carter played for the Raiders from 1996-98.
- Texans P Shane Lechler played 13 seasons with the Raiders, entering the NFL as the Silver and Black’s fifth-round draft choice in 2000 and finishing his time in Oakland as the franchise’s all-time leading punter.
- Texans T Nick Mondek was briefly on the Raiders’ practice squad in 2012.
MORE: Dallas Cowboys | New Orleans Saints | Chicago Bears | Seattle Seahawks | Indianapolis Colts | Jacksonville Jaguars | Denver Broncos | Washington Redskins | San Diego Chargers | Kansas City Chiefs | Pittsburgh Steelers | Philadelphia Eagles | New York Giants