Raiders Team Notes
• Over the last three games, the Raiders have forced eight turnovers, including five tonight (three interceptions and two fumbles).
• It was the second-straight week that the Raiders have not allowed a first-half touchdown.
• It was the second-straight week the Raiders had put 14 points up in the first quarter. The 17 first-half points were a season high. It was also the first defensive shutout in either half this season for the Raiders.
• The last time the Chargers were shutout in the first half was 2008, against Oakland (15-0).
• The Chargers, who ranked No. 2 in the NFL in third down efficiency (50%), were 4-for-11 tonight. San Diego also came into the game averaging 27.0 points per game, seventh in the league, and was held to 17.
• The 8:08 scoring drive (13 plays for 88 yards) to make it 14-0 in the first quarter was the longest scoring drive of the season for the Raiders. The Raiders’ first TD – that ended in WR Rod Streater 44-yard TD reception – drive of the game was quickest (0:08) of the season.
• The Raiders continue to not have allowed a first half rushing touchdown, stopping the Chargers on fourth-and-1 in the second quarter. With 27 rushing yards in the first half, the defense is equally stringent, allowing (204) rushing yards in the first half this season, an average of 40.8 (No. 11 in the NFL prior to tonight)
• It was the latest start time in NFL history with kickoff at 8:35 p.m. PT.
Individual Raiders Notes
• S Charles Woodson tied an NFL record with his 13th defensive touchdown of his career. The mark tied former Raider Rod Woodson and Darren Sharper. With the fourth-quarter interception, Woodson now has at least one pick in each of his 16 seasons. The only players in NFL history to record an interception in at least 16-straight seasons are Darrell Green (19), Eugene Robinson (16) and Raiders Hall of Famer Willie Brown (16).
• It was the first-career interception for rookie CB DJ Hayden, doing so with 1:40 left and Oakland up 27-17.
• QB Terrelle Pryor has thrown for two TDs twice in his career, both against San Diego. Pryor was 8-for-8 for 105 yards and 2 TDs in the first quarter. He had 10-straight completions to start the game.
• QB Terrelle Pryor is still No. 2 in rushing among quarterbacks behind Michael Vick following 31 yards tonight. He now has 228 on the season.
• It was the eighth career interception for S Usama Young, and first as a Raider, doing so in the first quarter.
• In four career games against the Chargers, WR