- New England leads the all-time series, 15-14-1.
- Oakland and New England will meet for the first time since 2011, when the Patriots beat the Raiders, 31-19, at O.co Coliseum.
- The Raiders’ trip to New England marks their first since 2005, when they opened the 2005 season on Thursday night at Gillette Stadium. The Patriots won that match-up, 30-20.
- New England has won three consecutive games against Oakland, dating back to 2005.
- Oakland has not won in New England since 1994.
- Patriots QB Tom Brady was born and raised in nearby San Mateo, Calif., and prepped at Junipero Serra High.
- Patriots DL Tommy Kelly played nine seasons for the Raiders from 2004-12. He originally signed with the team as an undrafted free agent.