The Oakland Raiders are searching for enthusiastic and talented candidates for their renowned public relations and entertainment team – The Raiderettes – Football's Fabulous Females. Become a part of the prestigious Oakland Raiders by auditioning for the 2012 Oakland Raiderettes Professional Cheerleading Squad.
Dates, Times, Location:
- Preliminary audition: Sunday, April 15, 2012
- Location: Hilton Oakland Airport, One Hegenberger Road, Oakland
- Check-in will begin at 8:00 a.m. with the preliminary interviews following immediately.
- There is no dance audition during preliminaries. Finalists will be announced at the end of preliminaries.
- Recommended attire for preliminaries is daytime dresses, skirts or shorts, with appropriate hairstyle and make-up.
- Finalists: Rehearsals for the dance routine will be Tuesday, April 17 and Thursday, April 19 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Location/directions will be given to finalists.
- Auditions and rehearsals are closed to the general public.
- Final audition: Sunday, April 22, 2012. Details will be given to all finalists.
- You must be 18 years of age or older by date of preliminary audition.
- You must be available to attend all home games, rehearsals on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:00 – 9:30 PM, rehearsals Saturday mornings from 7:30 – 10:30 AM and special public relations, charity and performance events.
- You must be able to attend a full day Saturday mini-camp. Date and time TBD.
- You may not cheer for The Oakland Raiders and another professional or college team.
- You must be able to provide authorized documents to work in the United States.
- Various styles of dance are used by the Raiderettes. Dance techniques, such as turns, kicks and leaps can be used in routines.
- A dance workshop/prep class is offered by the Raiderette Choreographers prior to tryouts (Refer to end of packet.)
- Boot camps are offered prior to tryouts in the month of February and March (Refer to end of packet.)
- A panel of judges will select the 2012 Raiderette Squad.
- Judging is based on appearance, poise, personality, physical talent and dance ability.
- Perform before sold-out home game crowds.
- Opportunities for exposure through various media, corporate, community and charity events.
- Opportunities for compensation through promotions, personal appearances and calendar sales.
- Opportunities for travel abroad.
Pre-registration has concluded. If you haven't already, you must download, print, complete and return the Audition Application. Walk-up registration is $40. Download and print the Raiderette Application Packet
Mail packet to:
2012 Oakland Raiderette Auditions
Attn: Jeanette Thompson, Raiderette Director
1220 Harbor Bay Parkway
Alameda, CA 94502