Oakland Raiders defensive end Khalil Mack has been named the AFC Defensive Player of the Month, the NFL announced Thursday.
Stat line: 12 tackles (11 solo), 4 sacks, 6 quarterback hits, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 passes defensed, 1 interception and one touchdown, helping the Raiders go 3-0 in November.
· Earned Defensive Player of the Week for his Week 9 performance in the Raiders' win over the Denver Broncos, as well as Week 12 for his performance against the Carolina Panthers.
· Was the only player in the NFL in Week 9 to have 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery and 1 pass defensed.
· Became the first player since 2009 to have an interception, sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery and a touchdown in the same game in Week 12's win over Carolina.
· Recorded his first career touchdown, intercepting a screen pass and returning it 11 yards for the score in the second quarter in Week 12 vs. Carolina.
· Sealed the team's victory with 1:00 remaining when he recorded a sack-fumble, which he recovered, to bring the Panthers' drive to a stop in Week 12.
·Tied for fifth in the NFL with four sacks in November.
·Tied for second in the NFL with two forced fumbles in November.