TE Nick Kasa scores a touchdown on a 19-yard catch from QB Terrelle Pryor. Photo by Tony Gonzales
*Raiders Team Notes *
• In three preseason games, the Raiders have outscored opponents 49-19 in the second half, including 23-7 tonight. In previous contests, Oakland outscored New Orleans 13-5, and Dallas, 13-7.
• Oakland has also outscored opponents 46-28 over the final three quarters of its last two preseason games, including 26-17 tonight. They outscored New Orleans 20-11 last week over the last three quarters.
• Oakland opens the regular season Sunday, September 8 at Indianapolis and finishes up their preseason schedule next week, playing at Seattle (August 29, 7 p.m. PT).
• Tonight's game was the 10th preseason meeting between the two clubs, with the Raiders and Bears tied at 5-5.
Individual Raiders Notes
• Terrelle Pryor was 7-of-9 for a preseason-high 93 yards and a TD. His night brought the Raiders to within 27-20, with four scoring drives under three minutes and each consisting of five plays or less. Pryor had a 25-yard TD run to cap off the five-play, 52-yard drive early in the third quarter. He also escaped defenders towards the Raider sidelines and completed a 19-yard completion earlier in the drive. Later in the quarter, his 19-yard touchdown pass completed a five-play, 23-yard drive, making it 27-20. He led Oakland to 17 third-quarter points.
• Sebastian Janikowski, who hit a 58-yarder to close out the first half, had previous connected on three field goals over 58 yards during the regular season since 2009. He hit one each in 2009 (61 yards, Cleveland), 2010 (59 yards, Indianapolis) and 2011 (63 yards, Denver)
• Joselio Hansen had a third-quarter interception. He posted two interceptions last year in his first season with the Raiders and has six career interceptions.
• Jacoby Ford returned to practice this past Monday, picking up two kick returns for 82 yards tonight, including a 62-yard return in the first quarter. Ford had missed all of 2012 and part of 2011.