Daniel Carlson wraps up his historic season with the Raiders being named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Month for December.
The second-year placekicker out of Auburn had a season for the record books, dethroning legendary Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski for most points scored in a single season in franchise history with 144. Carlson averaged nine points per game in 2020.
"Anytime you can break a record like that for an organization like the Raiders especially, it's a huge deal," said Daniel Carlson on Monday. "Glad I could help the team they way I could this season and rack up some points along the way."
Stat line: Was perfect on all 10 field goal attempts in the month of December and January and totaled 44 points.
- Among kickers with at least 10 field goal attempts, was one of just two kickers with a perfect field goal percentage.
- Was the only kicker in the AFC with a perfect field goal percentage under the same criteria.
- His perfect months of January and December helped him break his own franchise record for single-season field goal percentage (94.3%).
- Among kickers, his 44 points ranks tied fifth in the NFL during the months of December and January.
- Among kickers, his 44 points ranks tied third in the AFC during the months of December and January.
- Carlson's 44 points during the months of December and January helped him total a franchise-record 144 on the season, topping Sebastian Janikowski's previous record of 142 points scored in 2010.
- His 144 points on the season were tied for the most in the NFL.