The NFL announced the 2016 regular season schedule Thursday evening.
Here are 10 interesting notes regarding the Silver and Black's slate of games for the upcoming season.
- The Oakland Raiders will open their 57th regular season on the road against the New Orleans Saints, marking the first time the team has opened on the road against an NFC opponent since 1999 when they opened up with the Packers in Green Bay. The Raiders and Saints have never faced each other in a season opener.
- Oakland's three prime-time games this year are the most since 2006, when it played in four prime-time contests.
- Oakland has three back-to-back road trips (Sept. 25 at Tennessee and Oct. 2 at Baltimore; Oct. 23 at Jacksonville and Oct. 30 at Tampa Bay; Dec. 8 at Kansas City and Dec. 18 at San Diego) and two back-to-back homestands (Oct. 9 vs. San Diego and Oct. 16 vs. Kansas City; Nov. 27 vs. Carolina and Dec. 4 vs. Buffalo) in 2016.
- The schedule includes six games against playoff teams from 2015.
- The Silver and Black will play back-to-back games in Florida for the first time in franchise history. Only two times in franchise history has the team played two regular season games in Florida in a season, 2007 and 2008.
- The Raiders will play a game on Christmas Eve for the second straight season, following up last year's 23-20 overtime win at home against the San Diego Chargers. Oakland carries a 5-4 all-time record (including postseason) in games played on Dec. 24.
- On Nov. 21, the Raiders will play a regular season game outside of the United States for the second time in franchise history. After playing in London in 2014, the Silver and Black will play the Houston Texans in Mexico City on Monday Night Football.
- Oakland will face off against the NFC South this season, marking the first time since 2012 that they have played the division. Last season, the NFC South produced the NFC's participant in Super Bowl 50, the Carolina Panthers. The Raiders hold a 20-17-1 combined all-time record against Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa Bay.
- This will mark the Raiders' 66th contest on Monday Night Football and first since 2013. It will also be the Raiders' first matchup with the Texans on Monday Night Football. The only Monday Night Football game the Raiders have played against one of the four current AFC South franchises was a contest against the Houston Oilers on Oct. 9, 1972 in Houston. The Raiders won that game, 34-0.
-The Raiders will play in 10 different stadiums during the 2016 regular season, including one game at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.