Carr and Cooper Build Chemistry
- WR Derek Carrand WR Amari Cooperbegan to get their rhythm down through the preseason, with the pair connecting for eight receptions and 124 yards (15.5 avg.).
- In the second preseason game, Aug. 22 at Minnesota, Carr found Cooper for a 40-yard gain down the right sideline.
- In the third game, Aug. 30 vs. Arizona, Cooper was the game's top receiver and doubled his totals entering the game with four catches for 62 yards.
Heeney A Top Tackler
- LB Ben Heeneyled the Raiders in tackling in three of four preseason games and tied for the league lead in preseason tackles with 27 (15 solo), according to NFL GSIS. Unofficial press box statistics credited Heeney with 37 stops (15) for the preseason with 1.5 sacks, one quarterback hit and one forced fumble.
- Heeneyearned his first NFL sack in the preseason opener vs. St. Louis when he chased Rams QB Case Keenum out of bounds. In the second game at Minnesota, Heeney combined with DE Mario Edwards Jr.for a strip sack of Vikings QB Taylor Heinicke. In the finale at Seattle, Heeney created pressure up the middle, allowing fellow fifth-round draft pick LB Neiron Ballto record the sack.
Mack Harasses Palmer in Game 3
- LB Khalil Mack's ability to disrupt opposing quarterbacks was on full display in the Raiders' third preseason contest, in which he recorded two sacks of Cardinals QB Carson Palmer, four quarterback hits and one forced fumble.**
- *Mack *was credited with three tackles for loss by NFL GSIS, with one of them forcing a fumble when he stripped Cardinals RB David Johnson on a 3-yard loss.
McGloin Dominates Defenses
- QB Matt McGloinfinished another prolific preseason campaign with the best passer rating in the AFC, and the third highest rating in the NFL, with a mark of 110.6. That mark is also the highest by a Raider in the preseason since Bruce Gradkowski (125.9) in 2010.
- McGloinalso placed seventh in the conference in passing yards (424) this preseason.
- In the first preseason game, McGloin posted a 136.4 passer rating, going 10-for-11 (90.9 percent) with 104 yards and one touchdown.
- McGloin wrapped up the preseason with another strong performance, going 16-for-24 (66.7 percent) with 186 yards and two touchdowns for a rating of 117.7.
Roberts Emerges as Receiving Threat
- WR Seth Robertshad a breakout preseason, leading the team in receiving yards (243) and tying for the team lead with 15 receptions (16.2 avg.) and one touchdown. Roberts' 243 receiving yards were the most in the AFC and the second most in the NFL.
- Robertsexcelled in all four preseason games, totaling at least 45 yards of offense in each contest. In the preseason finale at Seattle, Roberts notched a game-high seven receptions and 110 yards (15.7 avg.) with a 6-yard touchdown catch.
Butler a Top Target**
- WR Brice Butlermade in impact in all four preseason contests and tied for the team lead with 15 receptions for 175 yards (11.7 avg.) and one touchdown.
- In the preseason opener vs. St. Louis, Butler was the game's top receiver with six catches for 57 yards and a 16-yard touchdown. In Week 4 at Seattle, Butler had four catches for 62 yards including a 25-yard long.
Allen Two Picks, Edwards Jr. Two Sacks against Cardinals
- S Nate Allenrecorded his first two takeaways as a Raider with interceptions of Cardinals QB Carson Palmer in the third preseason game, the first one coming on the Cardinals' opening drive.
- Rookie DE Mario Edwards Jr.got to Palmer for an 8-yard sack in the first quarter and took down QB Logan Thomas in the fourth, bringing his preseason total to a team-high 2.5 sacks.
**Kicking Game Is Solid
- Raiders kickers Sebastian Janikowskiand Giorgio Tavecchiowere reliable throughout the preseason, with the pair going 9-for-10 through the preseason. The only miss was from Tavecchio on a 52-yard attempt in the preseason finale at Seattle.
- Janikowskihad a career outing in the first half of the game against Arizona, connecting on 5-of-5 field goals in the first half. No Raiders kicker has ever hit five field goals in a half in the regular season, though Janikowski has hit at least five in a game on five occasions (career high: six, Nov. 27, 2011 vs. Chicago).
- WR Rod Streatersaw his first action after suffering from a broken foot last season, and he turned in a solid preseason effort with seven receptions (fourth on team) and 63 yards, both fourth on the team, with a touchdown.
- Streaterfound the end zone for the first time since Sept. 7, 2014 against the New York Jets when he hauled in a 28-yard pass from McGloin in the final preseason game.