There are usually more questions than answers this time of year. Here are five questions I'll be looking to answer Friday night as the Oakland Raiders open the 2015 preseason against the St. Louis Rams at O.co Coliseum.
- How much will the starters play? It will interesting to see how long they stay in considering quarterback Derek Carr missed quite a bit of the offseason program, and with all the new pieces on the roster.
- What will happen in the return game? Trindon Holliday gets first crack at both the punt return and kick return jobs, but several players could be vying for the job.
- Which tight ends will play? Clive Walford recently returned to practice and Lee Smith missed time this week. That leaves Mychal Rivera, Brian Leonhardt and undrafted rookie free agent Gabe Holmes.
- Who gets the bulk of the carries? Trent Richardson missed the beginning of camp, and Michael Dyer missed a few days due to injury. Taiwan Jones is in the mix here too.
- How will the cornerbacks fare? The secondary is very young. DJ Hayden and TJ Carrie will get the start, but Keith McGill will be looking to make an impression. In fact, several players in the secondary will be looking to make a mark.
Check back Saturday to read the answers to these questions.