• Raiders senior offensive assistant Al Saunders coached 15 years for the Kansas City Chiefs, first as the Assistant Head Coach/receivers (1989-98) and then as the Assistant Head Coach/offensive coordinator (2001-05).
• Raiders CB Neiko Thorpe played in nine games for the Chiefs in 2012.
• Chiefs CB Ron Parker played in three games for the Oakland Raiders in 2011.
• Chiefs DT Vance Walker started 15 games, four of them at defensive end, for the Raiders in 2013.
• Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie was with the Green Bay Packers as pro personnel assistant (1994-96) and director of pro personnel (1997-07) when Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid coached the tight ends/offensive line (1992-996) and quarterbacks (1997-98) there. Chiefs offensive coordinator Doug Pederson played quarterback for the Packers from 1995-98 and again from 2001-04 and defensive assistant Al Harris was a cornerback on the team from 2003-09 when Raiders WR James Jones and S Charles Woodson played there and linebackers
coach Bob Sanders coached defensive ends and was defensive coordinator there.
• Raiders senior offensive assistant Al Saunders coached wide receivers at Missouri in 1972.
• Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid served as the offensive coordinator/offensive line for San Francisco State from 1983-85 and Chiefs tight ends coach Tom Melvin played on the offensive line from 1982-83 before becoming a graduate assistant from 1984-85.
• Chiefs CB Chris Owens attended San Jose State where he practiced opposite Raiders WR James Jones from 2005-06.
• Raiders DE Justin Tuck, Chiefs TE Anthony Fasano and T Ryan Harris were all teammates at Notre Dame from 2003-04.
• Raiders LB Sio Moore and Chiefs RB Anthony Sherman were teammates at Connecticut from 2009-10.
• Raiders CB Tarell Brown and Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles were teammates at Texas from 2005-06, winning the National Championship together following the 2005 season.
• Raiders RB Maurice Jones-Drew played at UCLA under the direction of Chiefs running backs coach Eric Bieniemy who was his position coach from 2003-05.
• Raiders CB Chimdi Chekwa and Chiefs S Kurt Coleman played together in the secondary at Ohio State from 2007-09.
Raiders from Missouri and Chiefs from Northern California/Hometown Connections
• Raiders LB Sio Moore and Chiefs LB Tamba Hali are both natives of Monrovia, Liberia in Western Africa.
• Raiders CB DJ Hayden and Chiefs RB Knile Davis both played their high school football in the Fort Bend Independent School District in Missouri City, Texas. Hayden attended Elkins High School (class of '08) and Davis went to Thurgood Marshall High School (class of '09).
• Raiders CB DJ Hayden, Chiefs WR Donnie Avery and LS Thomas Gafford were all born in Houston, Texas and remained local to play their college football at the University of Houston.
• Raiders LB Jamar Chaney and Chiefs WR Albert Wilson are both natives of Port St. Lucie, Fla., where Chaney attended St. Lucie West Centennial High School and Wilson attended Port St. Lucie High School.
• Raiders T Matt McCants and Chiefs C Rodney Hudson are both natives of Mobile, Ala., where McCants attended Williamson High School and Hudson went to Rain High School.
• Chiefs LB James-Michael Johnson was born in Vallejo, Calif. and went on to attended Rodriguez High School in Fairfield, Calif.