DE Greg Townsend
In this week's Top 10, we take a look at the players who have tallied the most sacks in team history, since sacks became an official statistic in 1982.
1. Greg Townsend (107.5) –Townsend spent 12 seasons wearing the Silver and Black, and during his time as a Raider he earned four All-Pro selections and was also part of the Super Bowl XVIII championship team.
2. Howie Long (84.0) –The Hall of Famer spent the entirety of his career as a Raider and racked up countless accolades, including being named an eight-time Pro Bowler as well as being recognized on the NFL's 1980s All-Decade Team.
3. Anthony Smith (57.5) –During his seven seasons in Silver and Black, Smith was a force along the defensive line, setting a career high in sacks with 13.0 in 1992. He nearly matched that effort the following season, totaling 12.5 sacks in 1993.
4. Bill Pickel (53) –Drafted in the second round (No. 54 overall) in the 1983 NFL Draft, Pickel spent the first eight seasons of his career as a Raider, appearing in 121 games with 68 starts for the Silver and Black.
5. Chester McGlockton (39.5) –McGlockton spent six seasons in the Silver and Black, making four Pro Bowls and earning All-Pro honors three times during his tenure as a Raider.
6. Derrick Burgess (38.5) –Burgess arrived in Oakland in 2005 after three seasons in Philadelphia, and in his four seasons as a Raider he was named to two Pro Bowls and also led the NFL in sacks in 2005 with 16.
7. Tommy Kelly (34.5) –After going undrafted in the 2004 draft, the Raiders signed Kelly who spent the first nine years of his career in Oakland. He became a consistent presence on the defensive line, starting 117 games for the Silver and Black and appearing in 150.
8. Rod Martin (33.5) –The two-time Super Bowl champion spent the entirety of his 12-year NFL career with the Raiders, appearing in 165 games in addition to being named to two Pro Bowls
9. Lance Johnstone (31) – The Raiders selected Johnstone in the second round (No. 57 overall), of the 1996 draft and during his six years in Silver and Black he notched 31 sacks and one interception.
9. Sean Jones (31) –After playing college football at Northeastern, Jones spent the first four seasons of his career with the Raiders, appearing in 59 games with 32 starts for the Silver and Black.