The Raiders want to thank our valued fans for abiding by the Code of Conduct and for their commitment in providing the best fan-friendly experience in the NFL.
As a part of the Raiders continued efforts to promote and uphold the fan Code of Conduct, the Silver and Black are pleased to announce the details of the 2009 Fan PSA Challenge. All members of the Raider Nation are encouraged to submit a 90-second video endorsing a safe and enjoyable game day environment for all fans and guests by highlighting the fan Code of Conduct and in-stadium text message reporting.
Submitted entries will challenge last season's PSA for a chance to win two Monday Night Football pre-game field passes and a commemorative 50th season Raiders football. The winning entry is also eligible to be aired before all 2009 Raiders home games, as well as a season-long featuring on the team's conduct website. Please visit our Conduct website at www.Raiders.com/Conduct for official rules, entry instructions, and additional challenge details.
- PSA submission must be in BETA sp, DVD, or Mini DV format;
- PSA submission should be sent to 2009 Fan PSA Contest, C/O Oakland Raiders, 1220 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA 94502 and must include a signed entry form - download a 2009 Fan PSA Challenge entry form;
- PSA submission must be no longer than 90 seconds;
- PSA submission will be deemed ineligible if any behavior, language, gestures, or soundtrack violate Raiders fan Code of Conduct; and
- PSA must incorporate the conduct concepts.
2009 Fan PSA Challenge Contest Official Rules
1) ELIGIBILITY: The 2009 Fan PSA Challenge Contest (the "Contest") is open to all those who are over the age of eighteen (18), and who submit a complete valid entry, including their express agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Employees, officers and directors of The Oakland Raiders, Raider Image, LLC, or their respective affiliates, officers, directors, or their immediate family members are excluded. Void where prohibited by law. Contest entrant must completely fill out the entry form, including signing the line on the form agreeing to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and submit the completed entry with a video announcement complying with the requirements of section 4 below by Friday, September 4, 2009 (each fully completed entry, including signature, is referred to herein as an "Entry" and each individual submitting an Entry is referred to herein as an "Entrant").
2) WINNING SELECTION: One prize winner ('Winner") will be selected on or about Monday, September 7, 2009, from among all eligible Entries received by the deadline above. Winner will be selected in Raiders' sole discretion based on criteria such as, but not limited to: message communicated, video content, creativity, adherence to the code of conduct, and script quality. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by telephone, email, or US Mail. If any attempt to contact any potential winner is unsuccessful, returned for any reason, not responded to or deemed undeliverable, then that potential winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner selected. Limit one prize.
3) PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: From among all eligible Entrants (as defined herein), one prize winner will be selected to win the following prize (each is referred to herein as a "Prize"): Two pre-game field passes for use prior to the Raiders' opening game of the 2009 season on September 14, 2009 (the "Prize"). In addition to the Prize, Winner's submitted PSA may be shown prior to Oakland Raiders home games on the Oakland Coliseum Diamond Vision board, as determined in Raiders' discretion. Winner and all Entrants acknowledge and agree that Raiders are not obligated to show or display any PSA submitted at any time.
4) HOW TO ENTER: All entries must be submitted by fully completing the entry form, including signing the line agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. In addition to the entry form, all Entries must include a ninety second long video endorsing a safe an enjoyable game day environment for all fans and guests and adherence to the Fan Code of Conduct ('PSA"). To be eligible, all PSA's must be ninety seconds in length and must be in BETA sp, DVD, or Mini DV format. All completed Entries must be submitted by mail to: 2009 Fan PSA Challenge, C/O Oakland Raiders 1220 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA 94502. Entries must be received by Friday, September 4, 2009 and only Entries that include both a PSA and completed entry form will be eligible to win any prize. By submitting an Entry or accepting any Prize, you agree that all decisions of the Oakland Raiders shall be final and Entrants waive any right to challenge any decisions made by the Oakland Raiders. Entrants expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and expressly agree to all of the terms and conditions herein, particularly those in section 5 below. One entry per person. Duplicate entries will be discarded and those submitting multiple entries will be ineligible to participate in the Contest or win any prize. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
5) LIABILITY: Each Entrant expressly consents to the use of their name, likeness, and biographical information for all publicity purposes by Raiders or any sponsor, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winner will be required to execute a publicity release agreement and each individual appearing in Winner's PSA will be required to execute a publicity release agreement before any PSA is shown. Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes on prizes. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions or cash redemptions. Raiders are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by technical difficulty or human error. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible Entries received.
By submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, all Entrants expressly agree to forever waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Oakland Raiders ("Raiders") its past and present partners, limited partners, owners, entity owners (and the current and former officers, directors, shareholders, partners, members, limited partners, assigns and employees of any owners or entity owners), employees, agents, attorneys, directors, officers, shareholders, contractors, successors, assigns and insurers (collectively "Raiders Related Parties") of, for and from any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, fees, expenses, actions and causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description (collectively, "Claims"), known and unknown, including, but not limited to, all those arising out of or in any way related to the Contest; these Official Rules; Entrant's Entry; the negligence of Raiders or any of the Raiders Related Parties; the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; any travel to or from or presence at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum; any presence at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum or on the sidelines at any time; any PSA; the publicity rights of any individual appearing in any PSA; and any participation in the Contest. By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns and/or has the authority to release the Claims stated herein expressly agrees to waive the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code which provides:
"A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
Further, by submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, all Entrants and Prize Winners expressly agree to at all times defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the Raiders and all Raiders Related Parties from and against any and all Claims of any kind or nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements) arising out of or in any way related to the Contest; these Official Rules; Entrant's Entry; the negligence of Raiders or any of the Raiders Related Parties; the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; any travel to or from or presence at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum; any presence at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum or on the sidelines at any time; any PSA; the publicity rights of any individual appearing in any PSA and any participation in the Contest.
6) Raiders are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by technical difficulty or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries.
7) Raiders reserve the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest at any time. Raiders also reserves the right to substitute any similar prize or a prize of equal or greater value for any prize listed in these Official Rules or any other communication regarding the Contest and reserves the right to revoke the prize of any Entrant, at any time, if the Entrant acts in a manner that is, in the Raiders' sole discretion, offensive, harassing, threatening, repugnant, or violent at any time in connection with the Contest.
8) The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
9) WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, please send inquiry to 2009 Fan PSA Challenge Contest, C/O Oakland Raiders, 1220 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, CA, 94502, on or before September 13, 2009.