The Oakland Raiders were back on the field at their Alameda, Calif., facility for the start of Week 2 of Organized Team Activities.
- Steve Wyche (@wyche89) from NFL Network took in today's OTAs. He's impressed with the coaching staff the Raiders have assembled, thinks WR Amari Cooper just may have been the best player in the entire 2015 NFL Draft, and likes what he sees from the Raiders so far. He'll be on Raiders Team Cam on NFL Network reporting from the team's facility. Check back soon for an extensive interview Silver and Black Productions conducted with Steve Wyche.
Photos from Raiders OTAs Week 2 Day 1 - May 26, 2015.
- It was good to see QB Derek Carr out on the field participating in some drills. He took snaps but did not throw. Head Coach Jack Del Rio said, "He was able to take some snaps, we'll bring him along, I think things are progressing."
- DT Dan Williams and LB Curtis Lofton did not participate. "We've got a couple of guys that are still being held out, that are doing the best they can to get back," Coach Del Rio said.
- The wide receivers group worked their usual rotes, but spent a good amount of time on catching deep passes. WR Amari Cooper bobbled one batting it all the way through the end zone. He eventually grabbed it at the top of a fence and looked like he robbed someone of a home run.
- QB Matt McGloin looked especially crisp, throwing nice tight spirals, especially "out" routes, with accuracy and zip.
- QB Christian Ponder loves being in Oakland. He told the media he enjoys all the work he is getting and knows his role.
- RB Roy Helu, Jr., signed as a free agent this offseason, is a versatile football player. He seems to be the kind of player every team needs – willing to do anything.
- A large group of players were fielding kickoffs. Last season, the Raiders were 23rd in the NFL in kickoff return average – 21.9 yards per return, and 22nd in punt return average – 7.1 yards per return.
- The Raiders may have the NFL's largest tight ends. Mychal Rivera is the smallest at 6'3", 245 pounds, while Lee Smith is 6'6", 265 pounds.