The Oakland Raiders will conclude their preseason slate in Seattle with a Week 4 matchup against the Seahawks this Thursday, Aug. 29. Kick- off is set for 7:00 p.m. PT at CenturyLink Field and will mark the 14th consecutive season the two teams will meet in the preseason finale, with 10 of those 14 games being played in Seattle. The Seahawks hold a 12-5 lead over the Silver and Black in the all-time preseason series, while the Raiders will look to finish undefeated in preseason play for the first time in franchise history.
In the team's Week 3 trip to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, the Raiders returned to the states with a 22-21 victory over the Green Bay Packers. Down 11 points to start the second half, the Raiders tallied 12 unanswered points that included a 17-yard TD pass from QB Nathan Peterman to WR De'Mornay Pierson-El and two FGs from K Daniel Carlson, one of which was the game-winning boot from 33 yards out with just :08 seconds remaining in the contest. Carlson finished making all three attempts on the day, while Peterman totaled 210 passing yards and two TD passes and Pierson-El chipped in with a game-high six receptions in addition to his TD reception. On defense, LB James Cowser, DT P.J. Hall and LB Nicholas Morrow each recorded sacks, while CB Nick Nelson put the game away with an INT on the Packers' final offensive possession of the game.
|Date:||Thursday, August 29, 2019|
|Kickoff:||7:00 p.m. PT|
|Preseason:||Seahawks lead, 12-5|
|Regular Season:||Raiders lead, 28-25|
|Postseason:||Series tied, 1-1|
Here are the highlights from the Raiders 22-21 win against the Green Bay Packers in Week 3:
RB James Butler: Recorded game highs in both carries (15) and rushing yards (56).
K Daniel Carlson: Made all three FG attempts in the contest, including a 33-yard game-winning boot with :08 remaining in the contest to give the Raiders a 22-21 lead.
LB James Cowser: Recorded two tackles and his first sack of the preseason.
WR Keelan Doss: Led all Raiders receivers with 52 yards on four receptions.
DT P.J. Hall: Recorded his first sack of the preseason.
LB Nicholas Morrow: Tallied his first sack of the season and tied for the team lead in tackles (five), including two for loss.
CB Nick Nelson: Recorded a game-clinching INT in the fourth quarter and finished with five tackles and one pass defensed.
QB Nathan Peterman: Completed 23 of his 37 passes for 210 yards and two TDs, earning a passer rating of 95.6.
WR De'Mornay Pierson-El: Recorded his first TD of the preseason, hauling in a 17-yard pass from QB Nathan Peterman and finished with a game-high six receptions for 38 yards in addition to returning two punts for 32 yards.
FB Keith Smith: Made his preseason debut and recorded four receptions for 15 yards, including a 5-yard TD catch in the second quarter.
|Broadcast Information (Television)|
|Network Provider:||KTVU-2/KICU-36 (Bay Area), KVVU (Las Vegas)|
|Color Analyst:||Matt Millen & Rich Gannon|
|Sideline:||John Tournour “JT The Brick” and Nicole Zaloumis|
|Executive Producer:||Vittorio DeBartolo, Brad Phinney|
• Raiders offensive line coach Tom Cable served as the assistant head coach/offensive line coach with the Seahawks from 2011-17.
• Raiders assistant offensive line coach Lemuel Jeanpierre spent 2017 serving as an offensive assistant with the Seahawks after five seasons (2011-15) playing center and guard for Seattle.
• Raiders TE Luke Willson spent five seasons with Seattle after originally joining the club as a fifth-round selection in the 2013 NFL Draft. He played in 72 games, totaling 1,129 receiving yards and 11 TDs.
• Raiders DE Benson Mayowa was signed by the Seahawks as an un- drafted free agent in 2013, appearing in two games with the club.
• Seahawks S Shalom Luani was a seventh-round selection by the Raiders in the 2017 NFL Draft and appeared in all 16 games his rookie season, totaling 19 tackles and two passes defensed.
• Seahawks CB Neiko Thorpe appeared in 28 games for the Raiders from 2014-15 and recorded 38 tackles (33 solo), one INT and seven passes defensed.
• Seahawks defensive coordinator Ken Norton, Jr. served in the same role with the Raiders from 2015-17.
• Seahawks assistant defensive line coach Jethro Franklin served as Raiders defensive line coach from 2015-17.
• Seahawks special teams coordinator Brian Schneider coached special teams for the Raiders from 2007-08. In both seasons, P Shane Lechler led the league in punting and was named to the Pro Bowl.
• Seahawks G Jordan Simmons signed as an undrafted free agent with Oakland and spent 2017 on the Raiders' practice squad.
• Seahawks DE Branden Jackson signed as an undrafted free agent with the Raiders in 2016 and appeared in three games with the club.
|Broadcast Information (Radio)|
|Raiders Radio Network|
|Color Analyst:||Lincoln Kennedy|
After Thursday evening's contest in Seattle, the Raiders will be making their final roster reductions to the league-mandated 53-man active roster on Aug. 31. The club will then shift gears into regular season mode and continue their preparation for their Week 1 opponent - the AFC West division-rival Denver Broncos. The Silver and Black will open Week 1 on a national stage for the second consecutive season, as the two clubs will face off at home in Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on Monday Night Football. The Seahawks will remain at home for their regular season opener as they host the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, Sept. 8.