You'll have one more opportunity to enter Verizon's Broadcast Your Raiders Signal contest at an event hosted by Behind the Shield's Jeanette Thompson. Meet Raiders C Stefen Wisniewski December 18 at the Verizon Wireless store in Novato from 4-6 p.m. See below for rules and additional information.
VERIZON'S BROADCAST YOUR RAIDER SIGNAL
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: Open to residents of Northern California who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees and their immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse, and persons residing in the same household whether related or not) of Verizon Wireless ("Sponsor"), the Oakland Raiders, a California Limited Partnership, and their parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies ("Raiders"), and all other companies associated with the Contest, and their respective agents, officers, and directors, and all individuals, including, but not limited to, consultants, independent contractors, so-called "temporary employees," former employees and interns (and their immediate family members), who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, and anywhere outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law.
2. Contest Period: Contest begins on November 1, 2012 at 12:00 pm PST and ends on December 18, 2012 at 7:00 pm PST (the "Contest Period").
3. Entry: Entrants can visit any of the below "Contest Entry Locations" during the Contest Periods where you can enter the Contest by recording a 15 to 30 second video clip expressing what it means to be a part of the Raider Nation. Video recording will be done by Raiders personnel. Entrants must sign a release to allow posting of the videos on raiders.com. Entries require name, address, phone number and email address.
Contest Entry Locations
November 20, 2012 from 2:00pm to 4:00 p.m.
2175 N. Schnoor Ave.
Madera, CA 93637
3 Semi-finalists will be selected by Raiders personnel
December 11, 2012, 2012 from 4:00pm to 6:00 p.m.
410 El Cerrito Place
El Cerrito, CA 94530
3 Semi-finalists will be selected by Raiders personnel
December 18 , 2012 from 4:00pm to 6:00 p.m.
1189 Admiral Callaghan Lane
Vallejo, CA 94590
3 Semi-finalists will be selected by Raiders personnel
All entries become the sole property of Sponsor, and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries are void. All entries, regardless of entry method, must be received by 7:00 pm PST on December 18, 2012. One (1) entry per customer.
4. Judging Criteria: Members of the Raiders organization will judge the Videos based on the following criteria: originality (33.3%), creativity (33.3%) and humor (33.3%). The official judging panel will be comprised of representatives from the Raiders organization (the "Judges"). The final determination of the Semi-finalists and the application of the judging criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. Three semi-finalists from each Contest Entry Location will be posted on raiders.com, for a total of twelve (12). The Judges reserve the right to contact and interview the entrants during the Contest Period and also reserve the right to extend the Contest Period or not to identify semi-finalists if they determine, in their sole discretion, that entries received did not meet the minimum qualification standards based on the judging criteria specified herein. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor and Raiders disclaim any liability from, and entrants, whether or not a Semi-finalist or Grand Prize Winner, agree to waive any claims against Sponsor and Raiders relating to the judging or awarding process.
5. Grand Prize Winner Selection/ Notification: Members of the Raiders organization will judge the twelve (12) semi-finalist Videos based on the following criteria: originality (33.3%), creativity (33.3%) and humor (33.3%). The official judging panel will be comprised of representatives from the Raiders organization (the "Judges"). The final determination of Grand Prize winner and the application of the judging criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. Once
The grand prize winner selection will occur on or about December 19, 2012. Grand prize winner will be notified of the win within 24 hours after winner selection. Winner has 2 days to respond to notification or an alternative winner may be selected.
6. Prize: One (1) Grand prize winner will receive the option of:
- Two (2) tickets to an Oakland Raiders home game Specific locations and game dates determined in Raiders' discretion. Approximate retail value: $146.00.
- Transportation to and from the game (Approximate retail value: $200.00) from a Northern California address within 50 miles of the O.Co Coliseum to the O.Co Coliseum
- One (1) Verizon Smartphone (Approximate retail value: $460.00)
- One (1) $125 Verizon Wireless gift card.*
All federal, state, and local taxes and fees, including income tax, sales tax and license fees, and any other expenses arising out of the receipt and use of the prizes, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any difference between the stated estimated value of a prize and its actual value will not be awarded. Winner agrees to accept prize "as is." All other expenses, including meals and incidentals, are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to substitute tickets for a different event in lieu of the foregoing. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or any of his/her guests who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the or event. Contest Entities (defined below) will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any event.
*Gift card may be applied to the cost of any merchandise sold at any participating Verizon Wireless Communications Store or kiosk location in the U.S.A. or Internet at www.verizonwireless.com up to the value remaining on the card, except that card cannot be used to purchase other gift cards. Card can also be used to activate service, applied to balances on wireless service bills or to purchase or replenishment of prepay wireless service through participating Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and bill payment kiosks. Card is not redeemable for cash. Winners are responsible for Verizon Wireless Handset activation of service and all applicable fees. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on the prize (if any) shall be subject to the manufacturer's terms therefor, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Upon depletion of the gift card balance, winners are responsible for wireless service and all costs related thereto. Make/model of prize components subject to change at Sponsor's sole discretion.
7. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
8. Restrictions: Prizes are not replaceable if lost, damaged or stolen. Prizes are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Sponsor is not required to offer any substitutions, cash redemptions, or alternative to prizes awarded under the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is unavailable. Recipients of prizes must have a U.S. mailing address. All prizes awarded are subject to the restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules, on the prizes and/or included with the prizes.
9. General Entry Rules: Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, false contact information under multiple identities, by cellular phone, Internet, or otherwise, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sponsor, Raiders, or any Contest administrator, will be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Contest is prohibited. Mutilated, lost, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. In the event of a dispute, entry information will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the telephone number/email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number/email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable. Sponsor, together with any co-sponsor and Contest administrator, Raiders, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers (including all prize providers), printers, and distributors, and the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of each and any other person or entity related in any way to the Contest (collectively "Contest Entities"), are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, or damaged entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest, or for any printing errors in these Official Rules. If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest) the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the prize winners from entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent entries to the fullest extent of the law. At Sponsor's sole discretion, entrants, winners and guests who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with the Contest in any way may be disqualified.
10. Release and Indemnification: By entering, entrants and winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or Raiders, together with any co-sponsor and Contest administrator, which shall be final for all purposes hereunder, and agree: (1) Contest Entities may use (unless prohibited by law) their names, likenesses, images, photographs, voices, cities/states of residence, and biographical information for advertising, trade and promotion in any media or format now or hereafter known, including on the Internet or via wireless application protocol, without further compensation, permission or notification, except where prohibited by law; and (2) to forever waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Contest Entities, the National Football League, the Oakland Raiders and/or its past and present partners, limited partners, owners, entity owners employees, agents and insurers (collectively "Raiders Related Parties") of, for and from any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, fees, expenses, actions and causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description (collectively, "Claims"), known and unknown, including, but not limited to, all those arising out of or in any way related to the Contest; entrants' participation in the Contest or in any Contest-related activity; these Official Rules; entrant's entry; the negligence of Contest Entities or Raiders or any of the Raiders Related Parties; the receipt, possession, misuse or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury or death; and any participation in the Contest; or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns and/or has the authority to release the Claims stated herein expressly agrees to waive the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code which provides:
"A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
Further, by entering or accepting any prize, entrants and winners expressly agree to at all times defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the Raiders and all Raiders Related Parties from and against any and all Claims of any kind or nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements) arising out of or in any way related to the Contest; entrants' participation in the Contest or in any Contest-related activity; these Official Rules; entrant's entry; the negligence of Contest Entities or Raiders or any of the Raiders Related Parties; the receipt, possession, misuse or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion, including but not limited to any claims for damage to property, personal injury or death; and any participation in the Contest; or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or merchandise delivery. Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate.
11. Miscellaneous Conditions: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the County of Somerset, State of New Jersey, having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of New Jersey without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof. Any personal information supplied by any entrant to Contest Entities will be subject to Verizon Wireless' privacy policies posted at http://www22.verizon.com/privacy.
12. Winners' List and Official Rules: You may request the names of winners and official rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 10, 2013 to: Verizon Wireless –Marketing 2795 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94568. Verizon Wireless, 2795 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94568 is the Sponsor for the Contest.