The Oakland Raiders will renew their long-time rivalry with the Kansas City Chiefs with two match-ups in 2013 - Sunday, October 13, at Arrowhead Stadium on CBS, and Sunday, December 15, at O.co Coliseum, also on CBS.
- The Chiefs lead the all-time series, 53-50-2.
- The Raiders and Chiefs have played 105 times in the regular season beginning with the first American Football League (AFL) season in 1960.
- The Raiders defeated the Chiefs twice in 2012, including a 15-0 victory at O.co Coliseum on Dec. 16. It marked the first shutout for the Raiders since defeating Kansas City, 24-0, in 2002.
- The Raiders have won five of their last six games against the Chiefs, and have recorded six straight victories at Arrowhead Stadium dating back to the 2007 season.
- Senior offensive assistant Al Saunders served as an assistant coach for the Chiefs from 1989-98, and again from 2001-05.
- Raiders DL Brandon Bair began his NFL career as a non-drafted rookie free agent with Kansas City in 2010.
- Chiefs LB Chad Kilgore began his NFL career as a non-drafted rookie free agent with Oakland in 2012.
- Raiders LB Miles Burris and Chiefs WR Devon Wylie were teammates at Granite Bay High School, near Sacramento, Calif.