Raiders 22, Packers 21
- The Raiders defeated the Green Bay Packers in their third preseason contest of 2019 by a score of 22-21, bringing their preseason record to 3-0.
- The Raiders now own a 7-5 advantage in the all-time preseason record against the Packers and are now 135-134-1 all-time in the preseason.
Starters – Offense
WR Marcell Ateman
LT Brandon Parker
LG Jonathan Cooper
C Andre James
RG Denver Kirkland
RT David Sharpe
TE Luke Willson
WR Keon Hatcher
QB Mike Glennon
RB James Butler
FB Keith Smith
Starters – Defense
DE Ethan Westbrooks
DT Maurice Hurst
DT Gabe Wright
DE Quinton Bell
SLB Brandon Marshall
MLB Jason Cabinda
WLB Marquel Lee
CB Keisean Nixon
CB Nick Nelson
S Erik Harris
S Curtis Riley
- QB Nathan Peterman tossed two touchdowns and finished with a passer rating of 95.6.
- Raiders totaled three sacks in the contest, coming from LB Nicholas Morrow, LB James Cowser and DT P.J. Hall.
- K Daniel Carlson finished with three field goals and one extra point, accounting for 10 of the Raiders 22 points.
- The Raiders offense finished with a 67 percent red zone efficiency (2-for-3) and 100 percent conversion rate on fourth downs (2-for-2).
- RB James Butler
- Butler led all rushers through the first half of play with 31 yards on seven carries.
- For consecutive weeks, Butler led the run game, finishing with 15 carries for 56 yards (3.7 avg.).
- LB James Cowser
- Cowser recorded his first sack of the preseason, taking down QB DeShone Kizer in the third quarter for a loss of four yards. Cowser's sack helped the Raiders force a punt on the next play.
- Cowser finished the game with two tackles and one sack.
- WR Keelan Doss
- For consecutive games, Doss led the team in receiving yard with 52 yards on four receptions (13.0 avg.).
- WR Rico Gafford
- Gafford led all Raiders through the first half of play with 31 yards on four catches (7.8 avg.), while adding one stop on special teams.
- QB Mike Glennon
- Glennon led the offense down the field on the final drive of the first quarter, orchestrating a nine-play, 55-yard drive lasting 3:21, which culminated in a 42-yard FG by K Daniel Carlson.
- Glennon finished the night completing 4-of-9 passes for 38 yards, exiting the game after the first quarter.
- DT P.J. Hall
- Hall recorded his first sack of the preseason, taking down QB DeShone Kizer in the third quarter for a loss of six yards.
- DT Maurice Hurst
- Hurst finished the game with three tackles (three solo) and one pass defensed.
- LB Nicholas Morrow
- Morrow recorded his first sack of the preseason, taking down QB DeShone Kizer in the third quarter for a loss of 12 yards, forcing a turnover on downs.
- Morrow finished the night tied with a team-leading five tackles (five solo), including two for loss.
- CB Nick Nelson
- Nelson recorded the Raiders first pick of the 2019 preseason, intercepting QB DeShone Kizer with :03 remaining in the fourth quarter.
- Nelson finished with five tackles (four solo), one interception and one pass defensed.
- QB Nathan Peterman
- On his first offensive series of the game, Peterman orchestrated an eight-play, 75-yard drive lasting 3:39, which culminated in a 5-yard touchdown pass to FB Keith Smith.
- Peterman led the Raiders on a second touchdown drive with 5:53 left in the fourth quarter, connecting with WR De'Mornay Pierson-El for a 17-yard reception.
- Peterman led the Raiders down the field on a 11-play, 61-yard game-winning drive, which was capped by a 33-yard field goal by K Daniel Carlson.
- Peterman ended the night completing 23-of-37 passes for 210 yards and two touchdowns for a passer rating of 95.6.
- WR De'Mornay Pierson-El
- Pierson-El led both teams in punt returns, totaling two punt returns for 32 yards (16.0 avg.) with a 17-yard long to set up the Raiders first scoring drive.
- With 5:53 left in the fourth quarter, Pierson-El recorded his first career touchdown on a 17-yard reception from QB Nathan Peterman to cut the Packers lead to 21-19.
- Pierson-El finished with a game high six receptions for 38 yards and one touchdown.
- FB Keith Smith
- In his first preseason action, Smith hauled in a 5-yard touchdown pass from QB Nathan Peterman to cap off an eight-play, 75-yard drive lasting 3:39.
- Smith finished with four receptions for 15 yards with one touchdown.
- K Daniel Carlsonrecorded three field goals in the contest, including a game-winning 33-yarder with :12 remaining in the game. Carlson was perfect on one extra point and scored 10 points.
- P A.J. Colepunted six times for 253 yards (42.2 avg.) with a long of 54 yards, placing one punt inside the 20-yard line.
Head north of the border to Winnipeg, Manitoba in Canada and check out photos from the Raiders' preseason matchup with the Green Bay Packers at IG Field.