The Oakland Raiders will return to action following their Bye Week with a home game against the Indianapolis Colts, the team's first contest at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum since their 45-42 victory over the Cleveland Browns in Week 4 on Sept. 30. Kickoff is set for 1:05 p.m. PT this Sunday between the two clubs, as the Silver and Black will look to win their second consecutive game over the Colts after defeating them by a score of 33-25 in their most recent matchup on Christmas Eve in 2016.
The Raiders entered their Bye Week following a Week 6 defeat in London against the Seattle Seahawks. In the contest, DE Arden Key made his first career start and notched his first sack of his rookie season. CB Daryl Worley also made his first start in Silver and Black and hauled in his first interception of the campaign, picking off Russell Wilson in the red zone and returning it 16 yards. On the offensive side of the ball, RB Jalen Richard paced the offense with seven receptions to bring his season total to 31, good for second most on the team to TE Jared Cook's 32. Richard's career-high 31 receptions rank sixth-most among all NFL running backs in 2018.
Now in his 12th season as a head coach in the NFL, Head Coach Jon Gruden has compiled a 96-86 overall record. A closer look shows that Gruden and his clubs have been at their best in the weeks that follow the Bye Week. In his previous 11 seasons, Gruden's squads have compiled an 8-3 record in the contests that immediately follow the break from action, with a 5-1 record when those matchups have been at home. Gruden led the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a 4-3 record coming off the Bye Week and holds an undefeated 4-0 mark with the Silver and Black.
|Date:||Sunday, October 28|
|Kickoff:||1:05 p.m. PDT|
|Site:||Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum|
|Regular Season:||Raiders lead, 8-6|
|Postseason:||Series tied, 1-1|
Here are some notable connections between the Raiders and Colts:
• Raiders CB Rashaan Melvin signed with the Colts as a free agent in 2016. In his two seasons (2016-17), he started 19 games with 94 tackles, 20 passes defensed and three interceptions before signing as an unrestricted free agent with Oakland in 2017.
• Raiders quality control-offense coach Tim Berbenich spent 2013-17 on the Colts coaching staff, most recently serving as the offensive assistant/assistant quarterbacks coach.
• Raiders running back coach Jemal Singleton served in the same role in Indianapolis from 2016-17.
• Raiders offensive line coach Tom Cable played one season with the Colts in 1987 before beginning his coaching career.
• Raiders director of football research Dave Razzano spent the last six seasons (2012-17) as the Senior National Scout for the Colts.
• Colts senior football strategy analyst/game management George Li worked in various roles with the Raiders from 2011- 17, most recently as the team’s director of coaching analytics.
• Colts assistant offensive line coach Bobby Johnson served as the Raiders tight end coach from 2015-17.
|Broadcast Information (Television)|
|Color Analyst:||James Lofton|
The Colts won by 32 points over the Buffalo Bills in Week 7, 37-5, behind the four-touchdown performance of Andrew Luck to improve to 2-5 on their campaign. Sunday's matchup marks the 15th time the two clubs have faced off in regular season action, with the Silver and Black leading the series 8-6. It will be the second consecutive game the teams have played in Oakland, with the series being split at 4 wins apiece when the Raiders have been the home squad.
Head Coach Frank Reich is in his first season at the helm in Indianapolis after spending the past two seasons as offensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles. The Colts snapped a four-game losing streak by defeating the Bills 37-5 in Week 7. Indianapolis enters Sunday’s contest with an overall record of 2-5 and in fourth place in the AFC South. The Colts last played in Oakland in 2016, losing to the Raiders by a score of 25-33. The Colts trail the all-time regular season series 6-8.
Next week, the Raiders will have a short week of preparation as they take on the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday Night Football at Levi's Stadium to commence the 'Battle of the Bay'. The team will then return home to close out their season series against the Los Angeles Chargers. The Colts will head to the Bye Week following Sunday's contest before returning to action in Week 10 for a divisional matchup at home against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
|Broadcast Information (Radio)|
|Raiders Radio Network|
|Color Analyst:||Lincoln Kennedy|
|Spanish Flagship:||La Z 1490-AM/107.5-FM|
|Color Analyst:||Ambrosio Rico|