The Raiders.com International Fan of the Week Contest is back for 2011. If you live outsidethe United States, we want to know how you represent the Silver and Black, or how you became a fan, or how you follow the Raiders. Over the years, we've received entries from Holland, England, Mexico, Italy, Columbia, Canada, Switzerland, Scotland, Germany, Japan, France, Brazil, Austria, Brazil, Belgium and more.
Read the rules below and send us an essay of 500 words or less and a photo of yourself in Raiders attire to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2011 Raiders.com International Fan of the Week Contest Official Rules
1) PRIZES: From among all eligible Entrants (as defined herein), one prize winner will be selected once per week during the time period beginning on May 13, 2011 and ending on December 31st, 2011, to win a personalized autographed picture of an Oakland Raiders Legend and an Oakland Raiders 3'x5' logo flag. If any international shipping rules or other regulations prohibit shipment of the flag or if any requirements impede shipment of the flag or make shipment impracticable, as determined in Raiders' sole discretion, the prize winner will receive a gift certificate to the Raiders' online store at www.raiders.com in the amount of $35.00 US. Prize winners will be notified by email, telephone, US Mail, or other express delivery service. If any attempt to contact any winner is unsuccessful, returned for any reason, not responded to or deemed undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random.
2) DEADLINE: To be eligible to win a prize in the 2011 Raiders.com International Fan of the Week Contest (the "Contest"), you must submit one and only one Entry (as defined herein) in a manner that assures receipt of the Entry by midnight on December 31st, 2011.
3) HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, you must (1) submit an essay of 500 words or less explaining why you are the "Raiders Biggest Fan;" (2) include a photograph of you, preferably doing something related to the Raiders or wearing your favorite Raiders' gear; (3) include your name, address, age, and telephone number in the text of the email; and (4) include the phrase "I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the 2011 Raiders.com International Fan of the Week Contest Official Rules" in the text of the email ("Entry"). All Entries must be submitted via an email to email@example.com and must be received before midnight on December 31st, 2011. All Entrants agree that all decisions of the Oakland Raiders shall be final and Entrants waive any right to challenge any decisions made by the Oakland Raiders. Entrants expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and expressly agree to all of the terms and conditions herein, particularly those in section 4 below.
If you wish to enter the contest by mail, send your essay and photograph along with your name, mailing address, age, telephone number, email address, and the statement "I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the 2011 Raiders.com International Fan of the Week Contest Official Rules" to The Oakland Raiders, Attn: 2011 Raiders.com International Fan of the Week Contest, 1220 Harbor Bay Pkwy, Alameda, CA 94502. One entry per person. Duplicate entries will be discarded and those submitting multiple entries will be ineligible to win any prize. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Prize winners will be determined in Raiders' sole discretion based on the originality, creativity, passion for the Raiders, and the overall content of their essay. Each Entrant and/or prize winner expressly consents to the use of their name, likeness, and biographical information for all publicity purposes by Raiders or any sponsor, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes on prizes. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions or cash redemptions. Raiders is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by technical difficulty or human error. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible Entries received. Prize winner will be notified by one of email, telephone, US Mail, or other express delivery service. If any attempt to contact any winner is unsuccessful, returned for any reason, not responded to or deemed undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random.
4) ELIGIBILITY AND LIABILITY: Contest is open to all those residing outside of the 50 United States, who live in countries where the Contest and these Official Rules are permitted, who are over the age of eighteen (18), and who submit a valid Entry. Employees, officers and directors of The Oakland Raiders, Raider Image, LLC, or their respective affiliates, officers, directors, or their immediate family members are excluded. Void where prohibited by law.
By submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, all Entrants expressly agree to forever waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Oakland Raiders ("Raiders") its past and present partners, limited partners, owners, entity owners (and the current and former officers, directors, shareholders, partners, members, limited partners, assigns and employees of any owners or entity owners), employees, agents, attorneys, directors, officers, shareholders, contractors, successors, assigns and insurers (collectively "Raiders Related Parties") and of, for and from any and all claims, debts, liabilities, demands, obligations, costs, fees, expenses, actions and causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description (collectively, "Claims"), known and unknown, including, but not limited to, all those arising out of or in any way related to the Contest; these Official Rules; Entrant's Entry; the negligence of Raiders or any of the Raiders Related Parties; the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; any travel to or from or presence at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum; and any participation in the Contest. By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns and/or has the authority to release the Claims stated herein expressly agrees to waive the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code which provides:
"A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
Further, by submitting an Entry or accepting any prize, all Entrants and Prize Winners expressly agree to at all times defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the Raiders and all Raiders Related Parties from and against any and all Claims of any kind or nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements) arising out of or in any way related to the Contest; these Official Rules; Entrant's Entry; the negligence of Raiders or any of the Raiders Related Parties; the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; any travel to or from or presence at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum; and any participation in the Contest.
5) Raiders are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by technical difficulty or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries.
6) Raiders reserve the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest at any time. Raiders also reserve the right to substitute any similar prize or a prize of equal or greater value for any prize listed in these Official Rules or any other communication regarding the Contest and reserve the right to revoke the prize of any Entrant, at any time, if the Entrant acts in a manner that is, in the Raiders' sole discretion, offensive, harassing, threatening, repugnant, or violent at any time in connection with the Contest.
7) The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.