Raiders K Sebastian Janikowski tied the NFL record for longest field goal with a 63-yarder in the Silver and Black's 23-20 win at Denver to open the 2011 season.
The Raiders became the first team since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger to draft a specialist in the first round of the NFL Draft when the team selected punter Ray Guy in 1973. Since then, the Silver and Black has drafted six kicking specialists in the draft including 2011 Pro Bowl kicker Sebastian Janikowski and perennial Pro Bowl punter Shane Lechler. Below is a list of the specialists drafted by the Raiders since 1973.
- 2000 – Sebastian Janikowski, K, Florida State (1st round)
- 2000 – Shane Lechler, P, Texas A&M (5th round)
- 1988 – Scott Tabor, P, California (9th round)
- 1977 – Rolf Benirschke, K, UC Davis (12th round)
- 1976 – Fred Steinfort, K, Boston College (5th round)
- 1974 – Rod Garcia, K, Stanford (7th round)
- 1973 – Ray Guy, P, Southern Mississippi (1st round)