LB Nick Roach returns a field goal that was blocked by SS Tyvon Branch. Photo by Tony Gonzales.
Raiders Team Notes
• The Raider defense allowed just 36 yards on the ground in the first half and 70 yards for the game.
• There was even distribution for the game for Oakland with 32 carries for 117 yards (18 carries for 83 yards in the first half) and 28 passes for 209 yards (10-for-15 for 110 yards in the first half).
• The Silver and Black were efficient on third down, completing their first 7-of-11 attempts prior to the fourth quarter.
• Oakland opens the regular season Sunday, September 8 at Indianapolis; playing at New Orleans (August 16, 5 p.m. PT), vs. Chicago (August 23, 7 p.m. PT) and at Seattle (August 29, 7 p.m. PT) during the preseason.
• It was the 29th preseason meeting between the two clubs. The two teams will play again on Thanksgiving Day, with the Raiders traveling to Dallas for the Nov. 28 contest. It will be the 11th regular season meeting between the two teams. (Oakland leads 6-4).
Individual Raider Notes
• Rookies shined for the Raiders -- Matt McGloin (4-for-7, 78 yards, 1 TD), Brice Butler (2 catches for 70 yards, TD), Sio Moore (sack in the first quarter) and Greg Jenkins (kickoff return for 51 yards).
• McGloin had the longest passes of the night for the Raiders, for 40 and then 30 yards, in TD drive in the third. The former Nittany Lion walk-on connected with a diving Butler (2013 seventh rounder), for 30 yards, to make it 16-10. McGloin was 2-for-3 for 70 yards during the 81-yard, five-play drive, taking just 2:06. McGloin led the Raiders to 10 third-quarter points on his first two pro series.
• Third-round pick and rookie linebacker Sio Moore had a sack early in the first quarter. He is one of seven foreign-born players on the Raider roster.
• Five-year veteran QB Matt Flynn, in his first season with the Raiders, went 4-for-5 for 37 yards in the first two series. Flynn fumbled following a sack on the first series and led Oakland to a 51-yard field goal in 12 plays on the second.
• Terrelle Pryor was 6-for-10 for 88 yards with one interception in the first half, taking over for Flynn. Pryor rused three times for 31 yards, and led the team on a 54-yard field-goal drive with less than a minute on the clock to close out the first half.
• Sebastian Janikowski hit a 51-yard field goal in the first quarter to tie it at 3-3. Janikowski has hit 56 percent of his attempts during his 13-year Oakland career. He also nailed a 40-yarder to end the first half.
• Running back Rashad Jennings had nine carries for a first half-high of 39 yards (4.3 average), right on his career average of 4.2 yards per carry.
• Tyvon Branch blocked a second-quarter Dallas field-goal attempt. Branch had blocked just one field goal in his five-year Oakland career previously during the regular season, doing so to end the first half at Buffalo in 2011.
• Usama Young intercepted a third-quarter pass from Dallas quarterback Nick Stephens, setting up a Raiders field-goal drive.
• Eight-time Pro-Bowler Charles Woodson returned to the Silver and Black, playing his first game with Oakland since 2005.